Avreo interWORKS Achieves ONC HIT 2014 Edition Complete EHR Certification From ICSA Labs
North Charleston, SC – October 3, 2014 - Avreo’s interWORKS version 7 has achieved ONC HIT 2014 Edition complete EHR certification, which designates that the software is capable of supporting eligible providers and eligible hospitals with meeting the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Meaningful Use measures required to qualify for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). interWORKS version 7 was certified on September 25, 2014 by ICSA Labs, an Office of the National Coordinator-Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) and is compliant in accordance with applicable criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS).
“With the 2014 Complete EHR certification, Avreo continues our commitment as a single database, single application RIS, PACS, and EHR to our inpatient and ambulatory radiology department customers seeking certified EHR software to achieve Meaningful Use,” said Jonah Still, CTO, Avreo. “interWORKS now offers certified solutions to support Meaningful Use workflow within radiology departments of both inpatient and ambulatory healthcare organizations. We felt it was important to achieve this certification as a commitment to our customers of all types to support the Meaningful Use initiative within Stage 2 and beyond.”ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, offers vendor-neutral testing and certification. ONC HIT 2014 Edition Certification is granted to those technologies that are capable of meeting the more rigorous testing criteria developed to support providers and hospitals who wish to demonstrate Stage 2 meaningful use, which focuses on the capability of health IT to deliver higher quality patient care and exchange clinical information securely.
interWORKS version 7’s ambulatory certification number is 140265R00. interWORKS version 7’s inpatient certification number is 140266R00. ONC HIT certification conferred by ICSA Labs does not represent an endorsement of the certified EHR technology by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The clinical quality measures to which interWORKS version 7’s ambulatory product has been certified include:
- NQF-0018: Controlling High Blood Pressure
- NQF-0028: Preventive Care and Screening: Tobacco Use: Screening and Cessation Intervention
- NQF-0031: Breast Cancer Screening
- NQF-0032: Cervical Cancer Screening
- NQF-0034: Colorectal Cancer Screening
- NQF-0041: Preventive Care and Screening: Influenza Immunization
- NQF-0043: Pneumonia Vaccination Status for Older Adults
- NQF-0052: Use of Imaging Studies for Low Back Pain
- NQF-0069: Appropriate Treatment for Children with Upper Respiratory Infection (URI)
- NQF-0419: Documentation of Current Medications in the Medical Record
- NQF-0421: Adult Weight Screening and Follow-Up
The clinical quality measures to which interWORKS version 7’s inpatient product has been certified include:
- NQF-0142: Aspirin Prescribed at Discharge
- NQF-0338: Home Management Plan of Care Document Given to Patient/Caregiver
- NQF-0372: Intensive Care Unit Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis
- NQF-0374: Patients Receiving Unfractionated Heparin with Dosages/Platelet Count Monitoring by Protocol or Nomogram
- NQF-0375: Venous Thromboembolism Discharge Instructions
- NQF-0435: Discharged on Antithrombotic Therapy
- NQF-0436: Anticoagulation Therapy for Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter
- NQF-0437: Thrombolytic Therapy
- NQF-0438: Antithrombotic Therapy by End of Hospital Day 2
- NQF-0439: Discharged on Statin Medication
- NQF-0440: Stroke Education
- NQF-0441: Assessed for Rehabilitation
- NQF-0495: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Admitted ED Patients
- NQF-0496: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- NQF-0497: Median Admit Decision Time to ED Departure Time for Admitted Patients
- NQF-0639: Statin Prescribed at Discharge
The additional software relied upon to comply with one or more of the certification criteria include MedlinePlus Connect, Microsoft Active Directory, and Meinberg NTP Time Server Monitor.
The costs required for a healthcare organization to implement the Avreo interWORKS Meaningful Use Module for Inpatient or Meaningful Use Module for Ambulatory consist of a current license for an eligible interWORKS base solution, one-time professional services/implementation fees for the 2014 certified edition selected Meaningful Use module, yearly support fees, any required new interfaces or interface updates, training costs, and patient portal access.
Avreo, founded in 1997, is a leading provider of RIS/PACS solutions for outpatient facilities, multi-specialty organizations and community hospitals. Avreo interWORKS was designed as the first single application/single database Radiology Workflow Solution (RWS) including RIS, PACS, Dictation, Transcription and auto report delivery system that encompasses all the features a busy practice or hospital needs to operate efficiently. Avreo is a privately held company based in Charleston, SC. Avreo offers our solutions on an operational (fee/exam) or capital acquisition payment model. For more information, visit www.avreo.com or call 1-800-844-9926.
About ONC Certification
The ONC Certified Health Information Technology (HIT) program tests and certifies that HIT is capable of meeting the 2014 Edition criteria approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). The certifications include Complete EHRs, which meet all of the 2014 Edition criteria for either eligible provider or hospital technology and EHR Modules, which meet one or more — but not all — of the criteria.
About ICSA Labs
ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, offers third-party testing and certification of security and health IT products, as well as network-connected devices, to measure product compliance, reliability and performance for many of the world’s top security vendors. ICSA Labs is an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited and 9001:2008 registered organization. ICSA Labs is NVLAP accredited as a Health IT Test Lab and is also an ONC-Authorized Certification Body (ONC-ACB) accredited by ANSI to ISO/IEC Guide 65. Visit http://www.icsalabs.com and http://www.icsalabs.com/blogs for more information.